I will post damn near anything for local bands who want to get their music out there, so email me at:

zachattack924@gmail.com


Include a link to your shit and don't be a fag, you fucking faggot. Eat a dick. Lick on these testicles. I wanna anally inseminate Miles Ellerbeck (this will probably be here a year or two before he sees it...Love you bro). Also open yourself up to constructive criticism. I'll bluntly tell you it sucks and give the world a link to see just how bad it sucks. I am mimicking the stream of conscious asshole blogger speech now. Fuck you and eat several more dicks.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shut The Hell Up-The Ball Gag EP

Maybe I should check my email more often...Luckily today, I did. I did it! I'm so proud of myself. I did something I should do everyday. After sorting through the spam and the offers from Craigslist users to buy my El Camino, I came across an email from someone named Craig Gunn who happens to be in a band. Whoopty fuckin do Craig...You're in a band...You think you deserve a medal or something? Now...That's what I would be saying if his band sucked...His band doesn't suck...It's quite good actually...They're called Shut The Hell Up...Something I should do...But not until I give a brutally honest review of the 4 track EP I was solicited...

Hailing from the land of the Tuatara (you know, that thing that looks exactly like a lizard, but is somehow not) is the band with the amazingly original name of "Shut The Hell Up"...Shockingly, they have a theme song by the same name. This is some seriously rocking punk rock 'n' roll that really owes a lot to UK punk from the early 80s. I'll be honest, I've heard these songs before, albeit with different titles and lyrics, but for some reason, hearing them again conjures up the good times I had not really giving a fuck. The great thing about this is record is that it's punk. Nothing else. The attitude and the musical style melt perfectly like Kraft Singles on Wonder Bread. Nothing too complex, just straight up simplicity in it's most barbaric state. I can dig it and I do in fact dig it. Give these New Zealanders a chance...Enjoy!

Shut The Hell Up-The Ball Gag EP:

1. Shut The Hell Up
2. Fashion Victims
3. Crazy Life
4. Get Outta My Way Or You're Gonna Die

Click The Tuatara (Seriously, how the fuck is this not a lizard?) To Download:

No comments: